If you want to be on top of the industry, learn to write quickly, succinctly, and concisely. We will tell you how to do it.
Where to begin
Begin with the most essence of the article, any introductions should go then. For now, start with a short and succinct description of what is happening. For example, if you are describing a product, immediately indicate its benefits.
Or start with a story. A story where conflict is described, whether there is a victim or a problem that most readers have encountered, this is a great start. The main thing is not to make the introduction too long, just a couple of paragraphs.
People are accustomed to the texts on the network and now read selectively: “scan” the page for five to six seconds in search of interesting information. Your task is to remove the unnecessary information from the text, make it easier to read and grab attention.
Look at the text from the reader’s point of view: they look at the title of the page, quickly scroll it down and read the subheadings, captions to the pictures and the initial words of the bulleted lists. If they like it, they stay and read more. If no, go further.
You need to write a text that is easy to read on any of its segments.
- − Break the description into paragraphs of three to seven sentences and devote each paragraph to one aspect. It would be nice to give them clear headlines that reveal the essence of what was written.
- − Follow with illustrations or gifs.
- − If there are listings in the text, break them into lists. They are perceived as easier.
- − Long sentences should be mercilessly broken into two or clean.
The principle of the pyramid
At the very top of the text, place the main things. Then gradually reveal more details. This principle is characteristic of newspaper articles: the editors take into account the fact that a person can stop reading at any time. But by this very moment, they should already understand the essence of the text.
It is the “pyramid” principle that helps to navigate and understand whether to read further.
How to add credibility
In addition to the facts, style and language are important, the way you address the reader. Good material has several features.
- − Logical parts of the article should not contradict each other or the beliefs of the reader. Explain complex things in detail: give a definition, make a link or write not one, but a series of articles on the topic.
- − The more details, the better. Theory reinforces the practice. “We have a lot of used high-quality spare parts for sale - even our CEO’s car consists of one-third of them”, “We work efficiently: we dig two meters and deeper”.
- − A good material should be logical, specific, educational and easy to read.
- − Informative yet entertaining form. On the one hand - cold logic, and on the other - the brightness and diversity of facts. Add stories, reviews - everything that can help.
- − Good segmentation, that is readability. “Academically” written articles often are hard to read, since scientists do not have time to interest a person before the “read more” button.
Delight the reader: submit "interesting" and important facts at the beginning of the article.